Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon April 14, 2003
Valley Parents Push for Better SBS Prevention
By Lisa Phillips
Poughkeepsie, NY – The Poughkeepsie-based Skipper Initiative is asking the New York State Legislature to declare next week "Shaken Baby Syndrome Awareness week." Though that's likely to happen, another initiative to prevent SBS may take a while to win approval. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Lisa Phillips has more.