Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Wed June 20, 2012
Tyner’s Campaign Treasurer Resigns, Alleges Misuse of Funds
A treasurer for Joel Tyner’s campaign has resigned and accused the 19th district congressional candidate of misusing campaign funds. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The Times-Herald Record reports that campaign treasurer Misha Fredericks says Tyner’s cash-on-hand claim is off by more than $5,200.
In an interview with the Poughkeepsie Journal, Fredericks says she had continuously asked Tyner to produce receipts in order to account for the missing money, but the receipts she received did not match the money withdrawn.
Fredericks says she’s been raising concerns about discrepancies between reported expenditures and receipts since she was brought on to manage Tyner’s campaign finances in April.
Tyner has called the allegations “a desperate act of political sabotage,” and plans to address the accusations at a news conference later today.
Tyner is battling Julian Schreibman in Tuesday’s Democratic Primary for the right to challenge Republican U.S. Representative Chris Gibson in the newly redrawn 19th congressional district.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.