Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
Hudson Valley News
Mon January 14, 2013
Two Separate Housing Initiatives are Unveiled
A town in New York’s Hudson Valley has a new affordable housing initiative, while officials across the river want more first-time homebuyers in their Hudson Valley city.
Officials from the Dutchess County Town of Rhinebeck and Hudson River Housing will provide details Tuesday on a new workforce housing initiative to sell affordable housing units at The Gardens at Rhinebeck.
And across the river in Ulster County on Friday, City of Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo and others will talk about the need for more homebuyers in the city, and how to make that happen. They’ll talk about programs exclusive to Kingston and have on hand a locally-produced DVD showing the benefits of first-time home ownership.