Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Around the Nation
Thu March 22, 2012
The Twisted Path To Lay A Legend To Rest
Nearly sixty years ago, a Pennsylvania town renamed itself after legendary Olympian Jim Thorpe. How he came to be buried there is a tale of messy family business that continues to this day. Washington Post staff writer Neely Tucker joins host Michel Martin to discuss the story of the man once known as the "World's Greatest Athlete."