Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Wed November 28, 2012
Trust Files Suit Over Foreclosure Action
The battle over disputed foreclosed lands has led to a lawsuit in the NYS Supreme Court.
Clinton County plans to sell foreclosed lands during an on-line auction Friday.
The Turtle Island Trust filed a lawsuit challenging the legality of Clinton County’s foreclosure actions.
Gare Smith, an attorney representing the trust, says Clinton County’s move is unprecedented.
Clinton County officials claim the lands were originally leased to the trust.