Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Fri October 19, 2012
Tritium Monitoring Wraps up at Vermont Yankee Well
The Vermont Yankee nuclear plant has finished testing a former drinking water well to make sure it hasn't been contaminated with radioactive tritium.
The well supplied the plant until it was closed in 2010. It was the closest drinking water supply to where tritium had been found.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports that plant officials said no tritium or gamma-emitting radioactive materials were detected in a sample taken last month.
In January 2010, Entergy Corp.-owned Yankee said a sample taken from a groundwater monitoring well contained tritium. The source of the leak was found a little more than a month later.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.