Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed December 13, 2006
Susan Arbetter's interview with the author of Big Box Swindle
Albany, NY – In less than two decades, large retail chains have become the most powerful corporations in America. In her revealing new book, Big Box Swindle, Stacy Mitchell illustrates how mega-retailers are fueling many of our most pressing problems from the shrinking middle class to rising pollution and diminished civic engagement.
Susan Arbetter began her conversation with Stacy Mitchell by asking her why people who say they hate Wal-Mart still shop there.
Stacy Mitchell's new book is called Big Box Swindle. It's published by Beacon.