Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Wed February 14, 2007
Surgical center snipped by board
By Carrie Saldo
Lenox, MA – In Lenox, Massachusetts, the Zoning Board of Appeals denied a request that would have allowed an out-patient surgical center in a local shopping plaza; a center that local hospital officials contend would result in a $10 million loss for Berkshire Health Systems. However, as WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, reports the proposed developers are moving ahead with an alternate plan.