Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon May 19, 2003
Strict Acid Rain Laws in Effect in New York
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – This weekend marked the implementation of New York State's strictest-in-the-nation acid rain laws. Although most acid rain emissions are from outside the state, environmentalists say New York's restrictions are a step in the right direction. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.