Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue August 21, 2012
State GOP chair Cox calls on Akin to bow out
New York State Republican Party Chairman Ed Cox says embattled Missouri Congressman and Senate candidate Todd Akin — under fire for his comments Sunday about pregnancy stemming from what he called “legitimate rape” — should bow out of the race against incumbent Democrat Claire McCaskill. Cox spoke with WAMC’s Alan Chartock on The Capitol Connection.
"What he said is terrible," Cox said. "Should not have said it, should not think it. It’s not factually correct. It’s morally wrong. But that doesn’t make him an idiot, it just makes it very, very bad judgment on his part and it draws into question his qualifications to be a United States Senator.”