Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Mon October 15, 2012
Springfield Data Center Will Help Local Governments With Information Technology
The $110 million Massachusetts data center being built in Springfield will be available to local governments looking for secure electronic data storage. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The local government liaison for the Massachusetts Technology Division, Tim Sullivan, says most municipalities back up important data computers located right in city hall or town hall. It puts the vital records at risk in the event of fire, a broken water pipe, or prolonged power outage
The Springfield Data Center , scheduled to open in June, will be showcased at the Massachusetts Digital Government Summit which is being held November 8th and 9th in Boston.