Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri September 26, 2003
Some Say Textbooks Too Heavy
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts is now one of several states to consider limiting the weight of student textbooks. Concerned about kids suffering under the weight of heavy loads, the bill's author says lighter books might help. But critics say that's a simplistic solution. More from Berkshrie Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.