Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Wed December 26, 2012
Snow storm blows into upstate NY
The first major snowstorm of the season is heading into upstate New York, with forecasters predicting up to a foot or more of snow mixed with sleet or freezing rain. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
Governor Cuomo activated the State Emergency Operations Center early Wednesday evening to monitor the storm and any emergency needs. Dangerous travel conditions are expected through Thursday evening. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for most of upstate New York.
Six to 12 inches of heavy, wet snow is expected in eastern New York, possibly changing to freezing rain on Thursday.
(c) 2012 WAMC & AP