Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu December 6, 2012
Shumlin Taps Former Reporter, Lobbyist as Aide
Governor Peter Shumlin has appointed Louis Porter to be his point person in the Legislature as secretary of civil and military affairs.
Porter, a former Statehouse reporter with the Vermont Press Bureau and most recently the Lake Champlain "Lake-Keeper" water policy lobbyist with the Conservation Law Foundation, will coordinate the administration's contacts with lawmakers.
Porter replaces Alexandra MacLean, who announced her departure from the administration recently.
The 37-year-old Porter, who lives in Adamant, will earn $72,000 in the post.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.