Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu April 26, 2012
Saratoga Reads - David Lacks and David Lacks Jr.
David Lacks and his son, David Lacks Jr., join us to talk about their Saratoga Reads event. They are the son and grandson of of Henrietta Lacks, whose story is told in this year's Saratoga Reads book of choice, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks , by Rebecca Skloot and they discuss what it meant to find out -- decades after the fact -- that their [grand]mother's cells were being used in laboratories around the world, bought and sold by the billions.