Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Mon March 18, 2013
RPI Community Advocates and the Pride Center present "8" in Troy
The play "8" is written by Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black and is based on interviews and transcripts from the Prop 8 trial in California after marriage equality opponents succeeded in having cameras barred from the courtroom. It is made up of interviews, news reports and court transcripts and highlights the main points which led to the court finding Proposition 8 unconstitutional.
Joining to tell us more, we welcome Aaron Holbritter - the shows director, Isaac Newberry as plaintiff Paul Katami and Gary Maggio as Chief Judge Vaugn Walker.
Arts & Culture