Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Thu May 11, 2006
Roundtable Interview with Amber Chand 5/10/06
Albany, NY – When you think of developing nations or war torn regions like the Middle East, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Guatemala and Sudan, you probably don't think of beauty, creativity or entrepreneurship. But one American woman wants to change that.
Amber Chand designs jewelry and gifts in collaboration with talented craftswomen from these war torn countries, which are then sold in the United States.
The women receive a share of the profits, in an effort to achieve financial stability for themselves and their families.