Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri April 16, 2004
Romney's Last Option to Prevent Gay Marriage
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Yesterday Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney said he'll seek emergency legislation to block gay marriages, whichare scheduled to become legal in the state next month. Romney's request would allow him to appoint a special counsel who would ask the state's highest court to delay its gay marriage ruling. But some legal experts say he's not standing on solid legal footing. WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson has more.