Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Thu March 10, 2005
Religious Leaders Lobby Bush on Climate Change
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Last month, the 141 nation Kyoto Treaty on global warming took effect. The United States was not among the nations that agreed to reduce pollution. But a new movement among religious groups may influence President Bush to sign the treaty. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams reports on efforts by religious leaders in our region.