Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed June 22, 2005
Reaction from Education Community to Higher Passing Grade on Regents Exams.
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – New York State education officials are making a change in the threshold for a passing grade on the high school Regents exam. The Board of Regents on Tuesday ordered that a 65 percent passing grade for the exams be phased in over the next four years, beginning this the fall. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has reaction to the new mandate.