Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu June 5, 2003
Public Television Faces Tough Times Nationally
By Arlen Cellana
Springfield, MA – Recent on-air appeals from local public television outlets call for additional viewer support to ensure continued services from these outlets. How big is the peril facing public broadcasting? And is their fiscal situation different now than in years past? Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana takes a look at the problem.