Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon August 9, 2004
Public Hearings to Start on DEP Recreation Rules
By Allison Dunne
Shandaken, NY – Public hearings begin next month on proposed revisions to watershed recreation rules. The New York City Department of Environmental Protection has put out the draft rules for public comment. DEP officials say the revisions are needed for outdated regulations that do not account for hiking and hunting. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.