Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri July 29, 2005
Popular Pond and Dam Damaged By Deterioration, DEC Must Decide Whether to Rebuild
By Pat Bradley
Adirondack Mountains, NY – It's a popular stop along a well-used trail in the Adirondacks. Marcy Dam creates a picturesque pond with a beautiful vista of the Adirondack High Peaks. But the dam has sprung a leak and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation must now decide what to do about this and another earthen dam in the Adirondacks.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.