Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
Wed September 12, 2012
Police Look to Stop Underage Drinking at UVM
Police are taking more aggressive measures to combat underage drinking at the University of Vermont.
A special law enforcement team is stepping up patrols. It's staffed by volunteers from the Chittenden County police departments, liquor control and Department of Motor Vehicles.
Police tell WCAX-TV Burlington's Hill section neighborhood is where they get the most complaints about loud parties and underage drinking. Five undercover officers focused their attention on the area this past weekend.
The team said they stopped 130 kids on Friday. They confiscated six fake IDs and cited 15 people for underage drinking or drug possession.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.