Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
North Country News
Thu January 17, 2013
Plan Released to Curb Spread of Invasives in Lake George
The NYS DEC and the Lake George Park Commission on Wednesday announced a series of actions intended to prevent the spread of invasive species during the 2013 boating season.
The plan includes expansion of the Lake George Association’s boat steward program by two months.
A more comprehensive public outreach and education program will be developed and implemented and there will be more patrols by DEC and Park Commission officers trained in aquatic invasive spread prevention.
Additional funding for the initiatives will be provided thru the state’s Environmental Protection Fund.
The state will also begin a comprehensive and long-term plan to protect lake George from invasive species.