Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Wed July 18, 2012
Iconic contemporary composer, Philip Glass, joins us to share his thoughts on his 75th birthday year and the benefit concert he's playing tomorrow night at the Garrison Institute.
The Garrison Institute is a non-profit, non-sectarian organization whose mission is to apply the power of contemplation to social and environmental change. Glass previously performed there at their founding in 2003.
Glass also spoke with us about his new opera, The Perfect American, inspired by a novel by Peter Stephan Jungk. That part of our conversation didn't fit in the allotted slot on air this morning but we've uploaded it, separately, here.
Arts & Culture