Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed September 8, 2004
Petitions Question Vermont Yankee Up-Rate Request
By Pat Bradley
Brattleboro, VT – Entergy Nuclear has filed all the necessary documents with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for its application to boost power by twenty-percent at the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. The federal agency now must decide whether to respond to petitions filed by the state of Vermont and a nuclear watchdog group contesting the up-rate request. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.