Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Mon April 17, 2006
Partnership to Study How Electricity Cleans Manure
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – A new technology is being studied by the University of Vermont, a utility and an emerging technology company in hopes of reducing phosphorous runoff into Lake Champlain. The new technology, which uses an electrical charge on manure before it's used as fertilizer, is so far, also eliminating an ancient farm problem - manure smell. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more...