Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Wed January 23, 2013
"Panic 2012: The Sublime and Terrifying Inside Story of Obama’s Final Campaign" by Michael Hastings
As we are just days into the second term of President Obama, we explore this morning the hard-fought closing months of the 2012 presidential campaign. Journalist Michael Hastings is the author of Panic 2012: The Sublime and Terrifying Inside Story of Obama's Final Campaign.
Hastings – BuzzFeed correspondent at large; Rolling Stone contributor; George Polk Award winner; and critically acclaimed, New York Times-bestselling author of The Operators – presents an in-your-face, on-the-ground, real-time, singular account of how the Obama campaign privately panicked and ultimately recovered after the President’s disastrous performance in his first debate with Mitt Romney.
The ebook is a wholly original portrayal of the enormous and intense political operation that is an American presidential campaign. The book is an in-depth, post-election account of a crucial campaign that revealed the new outlines of a rapidly changing nation.