Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
WAMC New York News
Thu September 18, 2003
Opting In or Out of Predatory Llending Settlement?
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Earlier this year the Attorneys General of all 50 states and the District of Columbia reached a settlement on predatory lending practices with Household International that will bring restitution to borrowers across the nation. Advocacy groups are urging that the nearly 25-thousand people in New York State that have received "Release of Claims" documents, seek legal advice before deciding whether to "opt in" and get a payment through the settlement. More from Pat Bradley.