Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New England News
Fri August 3, 2012
Officials Warn Of Traffic Jams In Western Mass. Because Of Air Show
Transportation officials are warning traffic on interstate highways in western Massachusetts may be very heavy this weekend because of a big air show at the Westover Air Force Reserve Base in Chicopee. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Up to a half million people are expected to attend the weekend air show, which organizers say will be the largest in the history of the Westover Reserve base, and one of the largest shows in the country. Chicopee’s Mayor Michael Bissonette says traffic jams can be expected.
MassDot officials, state and local police plan to monitor traffic conditions and provide updated directions on electronic highway message boards. Heavy traffic is expected on the MassPike, Interstates 91 and 291.. An air show two years ago in Westfield caused significant delays on the MassPike.