Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Mon October 6, 2003
NY Senator Says Book Costs Warrant Tax Breaks
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – They are a burden on the shoulders, and the wallet. A report by New York Democratic Senator Charles Schumer says the average college textbook rings up at more than one-hundred dollars. So he is proposing a tax deduction to ease the pain. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.