Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed November 21, 2012
NY governor: LIPA 'has to end'
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says the Long Island Power Authority "has to end." More from WAMC’s Dave Lucas
Cuomo made the critical remarks Wednesday while helping to pass out holiday meals to Hurricane Sandy victims in Lawrence, Long Island.
According to Newsday, Cuomo also said LIPA "hasn't worked in a long, long time." LIPA did not immediately respond to a comment request.
Cuomo has formed a commission to investigate the responses of utilities following the superstorm. The governor said he expects a "full report in a matter of weeks."
LIPA's operations chief has resigned.
© 2012 AP