Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New York News
Tue March 19, 2013
NY budget to include $9 min wage
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders reached a tentative deal last night increasing the state minimum wage over the next three years to $9-an-hour.
The Daily News reports that under the emerging agreement, the current $7.25 hourly minimum wage would increase in stages — to $8-an-hour in January; to $8.75 at the beginning of 2015; and topping off at $9-an-hour by the end of 2015. Meanwhile, Calling it a ploy by politicians in Albany, critics are blasting a proposal to extend a temporary income tax hike for millionaires.