Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Mon November 19, 2012
NH Man Accused in Vermont of Putting Child in Tool Box
Police say a New Hampshire man is accused of putting one of his children in a truck's tool box during a drive to Vermont.
Russell Johnson of Bradford was cited last week for cruelty by a person having custody over another.
Springfield, Vt., police said in a news release that Johnson had picked up his three children while driving a single-bench, pickup truck. One of the children was put in the tool box that spans the bed of the pickup while going from Bradford to Springfield, nearly 40 miles.
No further information was provided about the age or gender of the child.
Johnson is scheduled to be arraigned in Windsor criminal court on Jan. 8.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.