Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New York News
Tue January 8, 2013
New Tech Center Coming To GlobalFoundries
Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced that GlobalFoundries will build a new multi-billion dollar research and development facility at its Fab 8 Campus in Saratoga County. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
A nearly $2 billion facility will build on and strengthen the semiconductor R&D and manufacturing industry in New York State ... The Technology Development Center is expected to result in at least 500 new, high-paying jobs as well as 500 additional jobs on the fab 8 campus. The TDC, as it will be called, will include 90,000 square feet of flexible cleanroom space that will house a variety of semiconductor development and manufacturing areas to support the transition to new technology nodes. Construction of the TDC is planned to begin in early 2013 with completion targeted for late 2014.