Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Wed December 5, 2012
"Nano" by Robin Cook
New York Times–bestselling author, Robin Cook is considered the master of the medical thriller, and his name is synonymous with the genre. Since he released Coma 35 years ago (recently an A&E miniseries), Cook has delivered pulse-pounding works including his latest, Nano, a mindboggling trip into the relatively new science of nanotechnology.
Over the past few years, science has made incredible strides. But perhaps the area of greatest potential—and greatest danger—lies in nanotechnology. This science is built around concepts that are more enormous than the mind can imagine…yet smaller than the eye can see. This is the future of medicine and industry: a world where inconceivably tiny “nanobots” perform amazing tasks with incredible speed and precision. But in the wrong hands, that technology is fraught with peril.
WAMC Programs - The Book Show