Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Essay: Wine and Food / Wine is Food
By Steven Kolpan
Albany, NY – Steven Kolpan, professor and chair of wine studies at the CIA, and James Beard Award winner, will discuss the relationship between food, wine, and history. Kolpan is the wine columnist for The Valley Table and Salon.com, and the author of several books on wine, including WineWise.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.