Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu July 15, 2004
Ministers, Attorney Revel in Decision to Drop Charges
By Allison Dunne
New Paltz, NY – On a day when U.S. Senate members prevented passage of a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, two New York ministers celebrated a legal victory. The two Unitarian Universalist ministers that were cleared Tuesday of criminal charges for marrying same-sex couples without a license, say their win will carry over into discrimination battles across the nation. Meanwhile, their attorney had stern words for district attorney in the case. WAMC's Allison Dunne has this report.