Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New York News
Wed August 20, 2003
Milk Subsidy Program More Expensive Than Estimated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A federal dairy program set up last year to replace the Dairy Compact is proving to be much more expensive than projected. Dairy farmers in the region aren't surprised that the subsidy costs are higher, given the historic lows they are getting for their product.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.