Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
New York News
Wed March 28, 2012
Midday Magazine - Tim Kremer, New York State School Boards Association
As some education advocates praise the additional school funding announced as part of the New York State budget agreement, schools must now work through their own budgets, while, for the first time, considering the state’s 2 percent property tax cap.
WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke to Tim Kremer, executive director of the New York State School Boards Association, on the fiscal future of New York’s schools in the wake of yesterday’s budget agreement.