Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Fri October 15, 2004
Mercury Report Released
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Public Interest Research Groups across the country released "Fishing for Trouble: How Toxic Mercury Contaminates Fish in U.S. Waterways" yesterday. The report details the increase in fish consumption advisories issued by states in 2003 due to mercury pollution and calls on the Bush administration to stop delaying mercury clean-up. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.