Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
New England News
Sat January 5, 2013
Massachusetts Transportation Finance Plan Delayed
The much anticipated report, which was to have been sent this Monday to the legislature will not be submitted until January 14th. The report is to detail how much money is needed to fix crumbling roads and bridges and operate regional transit systems as well as identify possible sources for the revenue. Transportation Secretary Richard Davey has said repeatedly that all options are being considered and there will be no short term fixes.
Governor Patrick said he will endorse specific funding plans for the state’s transportation system in either his State of The Commonwealth Speech or his budget message later this month.