Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Wed March 1, 2006
Massachusetts Senate Approves Emergency Healthcare Reform
By Dan Bobkoff
BOSTON, MA – The Massachusetts Senate has unanimously approved a stripped-down health care bill that seeks to insure about half of the state's uninsured residents. Senators rushed the bill through late yesterday to avoid losing federal Medicaid funds. The bill now moves to the house where its outcome is still uncertain.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.