Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Thu October 18, 2012
Massachusetts Program Aims To Help Small Businesses Grow
Massachusetts officials are launching a new pilot program in Springfield to help grow small businesses. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Rather than focus government help on start ups, struggling companies, or on a particular sector, this program is for successful small businesses with growth potential. The state’s top economic development official Gregory Bialecki said the program will offer management consultant services and customized financing.
Springfield was picked for the pilot program because it dovetails with the tornado recovery plan that calls for small business support. Business can apply through the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation.