Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Tue July 13, 2004
Mass. Says Limiting Gay Marriage Helps Other States
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – A Massachusetts judge will hear arguments this afternoon on a lawsuit filed by eight out-of-state gay couples, who want to an injunction against a law that prevents same sex couples from other states from getting married in Massachusetts. The couples say the law is discriminatory...but the state of Massachusetts says the law is helping prevent a national backlash against gay marriage. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.