Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri January 4, 2013
"To Marry and English Lord"
With Downton Abbey is all the Public Television rage, the book – To Marry an English Lord is back in print and being lauded as source material by the show’s creator, Julian Fellowes.
The book is an account of how American heiresses in the post-Civil War era packed up their trunks and went husband-hunting in England and demonstrates that our national infatuation with British aristocracy is nothing new. We speak with the book’s co-author, Carol Wallace.