Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu May 1, 2003
MA House Rejects Income Tax Hikes
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – The Massachusetts House yesterday voted against proposals to raise the state income tax and to allow the state to borrow three-hundred-million dollars in short-term loans. The vote means the state will have to rely heavily on spending cuts to fight its way out of a three-billion-dollar budget gap. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana files this report.