Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri May 9, 2003
MA Bottle Bill Expansion
By Arlen Cellana
Boston, MA – Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has proposed an expansion of the state's bottle redemption bill as part of his budget package. The provision would impose a five-cent deposit on all non-carbonated beverages sold in the Bay State. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Celland looks at what an expanded bottle bill would mean and what the chances are of its being enacted.