Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Mon February 20, 2006
Listener Essay - "Single-dumb" by Erick James
Albany, NY – Valentine's Day... a time for snuggling up with your sweetheart and showering your special someone with gifts. But what if you don't have - or want - someone to hold hands with for long walks on the beach. Today's essayist Erick James tells us how he navigates his way through "single-dumb."
Erick James is a stand-up comedian, magician, and hockey player, as well as marketing director at the Clever Fellows Innovation Consortium in Troy, New York.